Monday, January 4, 2010

Me+Our Labor of Love=Goodness!

Last year...that sounds like a long time ago! Anyway...last year in November 2009...like 2 months ago, I got to help out Our Labor of Love.

I've said this before...and I'll say it again...I highly recommend 2nd or 3rd shooting every once in a while...yes, even if you are an established photographer. You can never learn enough. Every time I assist someone, I take something with me to one of my gigs...and it also teaches humility...so if you ever get kind of big headed and start treating your assistant/2nd shooter like a second class citizen...reflect on your time assisting...remember how well that person treated you...or how awful they treated you.

In my case, Jesse and Whit treated me very nicely. They let me do my thing...they didn't require that I shoot only at f5.6...or not to surpass 1000 ISO...or shoot with only one kind of lens. They were also courteous and prepared to offer me their memory cards (this makes getting images to the person you are assisting much easier). They even had enough Pocket Wizards to loan me one for the night...which was nice, b/c I don't use PWs. They were well prepared!

Thank you Jesse and Whit...I had a lot of fun hanging out with you two!

Brianna & Matt's Wedding at the Ribault Club. Enjoy!

This is the effect of Whit's lighting capabilities...it causes sporadic moments of light worshipping among the lady guests!
Is it effect or affect?

3 comments:

Moongypsyi said...

Beautiful work!!
~christina

Unknown said...

Thank you Christina!

J. Halstead said...

I completely agree with you Ezra. I think second shooting, every now and then, allows you to do your thing with out feeling so restrained. Your work is amazing! Love your documentary style. Keep up the great work!