Monday, January 18, 2010

Give!

Make-up Artist will be present! Come out everyone!

The latter part of last week I've been thinking how I can give to the people of Haiti...and I was really stumped. I personally don't have enough funds to make a significant impact...so I just kept thinking of what I could do...and a light bulb went off Friday night...and then I slept on it to make sure this was the right thing to do...and Saturday morning I woke-up knowing I had to do this.

So this is the deal. From 10am until it gets too dark, on Sunday, January the 24th, I'm booking 15 minute photo sessions in front of Anomaly (1021 Park Street - 5 Points). No appointment needed...I'm taking walk-ins! All you have to do is write a check to the Yele Foundation or UNICEF (any amount...just give!)...I'll have stamped envelopes already addressed to Yele or UNICEF...we'll put the check in the envelopes...and then give you the envelope...yes, we're using the honor system...you'll be responsible for mailing the check! During that process, we'll get your contact info so that we can deliver your images!

Pets are welcomed!

Please spread the word to everyone you know...tweet this, facebook it...e-mail it to all your friends...thanks!
Thanks Emily at Anomaly and Matt at Burro Bags!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just some info-I would say just to donate to Unicef or red cross due to the investigation going on into Yele-Apparently Wyclef is making money from donations-Whether he denies it or not I would like to make sure that money definitely makes it to Haiti and not some rich singers pockets!!!!!!@!!!

J. Halstead said...

Ezra, if you are looking for creditable organization to donate the funds to, my father-in-law has been working in Haiti and foreign missions for over 15 Yeats. He has a team of 30 getting ready to head out. Leading the team is a doctor who is going go stay indefinitely. His mission is www.farsight.org. Let me know if you want more info. They are good non-profit organization that will let you know exactly where the funds were used.

Unknown said...

Thank you anonymous...I am aware of the allegations and that is why I am offering UNICEF as an alternative. Now with that said, I still believe in Wyclef's organization...and I entrust that he will use the $ appropriately...I am also drawn to Wyclef's organizations b/c he is from Haiti...he has been there already since the disaster...and he knows where the help is needed.

Jamie...I'll look into it...thank you!

Frances said...

Great idea Ezra! Joe and I are going to try to come by...we'd probably have his son with us. You're kid friendly right?

Unknown said...

Absolutely Frances! Kids are welcomed too! Thank you!

Stephanie McBride said...

Ezra, what a beautiful idea!!!
what a perfect thing to do. and this shoot, my word! i love every single image. you rock!