Sunday, January 24, 2010

Haitian Relief Fundraiser...We Gave!!!

Hey everyone...today was BIG! As a Social Worker, I've helped a lot of people in a lot of ways...but I was supposed to...I was paid to do it (but not much)....but today was different.

When I left my Social Work job, I promised to myself and my wife that I would still help others...it's something I can't help but do. With the situation in Haiti, I figured I'd donate a few bucks...but that just wasn't enough for me. So I decided to do photo shoots by donation...and with the help of my good friend Tan...my photography buddy, Jerome...LaTavia from Fabulous Faces...one of "my" past brides Emily...and her mom...Emily at Anomaly...and Matt at Burro Bags (who helped spread the word massive)...and Carmen at RAP (who also spread the word)...Heather Canada, who posted the fundraiser on her blog (which brought Jennifer from Orlando!)...and many others for sending out invitations via Facebook...and all my twitter followers for retweeting...we did an awesome job!!! At the end of the day, we raised $1300!!!

Again...thanks to all who helped and gave...and thanks to my friend Matt Simons for shooting some video...we'll have a video up soon!

Here's a few fotos from the day...enjoy...

4 comments:

Christy Whitehead said...

Looks like it went really well, congrats, good job!

Stephanie McBride said...

Ezra, they are wonderful!!! i want to know details. how you set it up....where you went.... help!
its freezing here. how do i make this work in cold weather. any suggestions?

J. Halstead said...

Ezra, this is amazing! You did an incredible and wonderful thing! I love you and your wife's story of about continuing to give... don't stop! May God bless your business for generous thing you did this day!

Oeil Photography said...

so glad this went to well! I wish could've made it!!! geez ezra, those colors would make JoseV proud. i love the all!!