Monday, March 15, 2010

Marilyn Monroe Soiree at the MOCA!

Saturday night, MOCA had an event to celebrate the Marilyn Monroe exhibit. The event was a fundraiser for the MOCA's educational programs. I was given the honor to photograph the event...which I thank the MOCA for asking me...and it also keeps me in par with my goal to do some type of charitable event every other month!

The night was fun...and exciting...I think everyone smiled when they saw the food! Music was great as well. Trae Gurley kept the dance floor moving! And I got to meet some awesome people like Emily from Studio Orange...she does great work!

Thank you MOCA for the good time...thank you Rebecca!
Click here to visit the online gallery...you will need a password...it's on the card I handed out that night...
Enjoy!
Photogs: Lighting...the old fashion way...on camera lighting...that was the only way to capture the night. I shot with my Nikon SB 800...everything manual...and no diffusers tonite. I didn't feel like dealing with that one piece of tupperware that you put on your flash unit (you know which one I'm talking about)...way too cumbersome and protruding...especially when there's a few hundred people!

1 comment:

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Awesome, Ezra!!! I'm glad you got to help out Rebecca :) Both Lyndsay and I were at a wedding this past Saturday, so we couldn't help out :) Great stuff!