Monday, March 29, 2010

E-Motion by Kim & Joey!

Yup...this is one of those ironic shoots that ends up on my blog. It was inspired by this Norman Rockwell painting/picture...and this video by Charlie Winston .

I think this was the hardest shoot for any of my participants (I think that's the best word for anyone volunteering to be in any of my personal projects). Kim & Joey have a pretty peaceful relationship, so they really stepped out of their comfort zone...but they did an awesome job! Additionally, I have over 5 years of work experience in the Domestic Violence field...so at times, I felt a little out of place.

Thanks to Daisy (Hairstylist) of Oscar & Lula's

Enjoy...but not too much!

See, they do really love each other!
Photogs: If you've been reading my blog for the past 3 months or so, you've noticed there's a lot of movement in my work. I guess I'm super intrigued by the energy given off when people are moving. As people, we naturally move a lot...that's why we have legs, arms, muscles, etc...
Even if we're in a situation where we have to be still, we people find a way to be doing something (i.e. on the cell phone in your car...tapping your feet in that boring staff meeting...bobbing your head in your work cubicle...). So for me, at the present moment, it's fitting for me to catch people in motion...doing things that may be real...yes, I actually have seen a woman & man fight outside...on several occasions...except it usually involved a car...not a scooter...

2 comments:

brandi tolliver said...

I LOVE IT!I am fan of motion too...I need to do more motion shots...I have gotten away from it. Looooove all you've been doing lately. You are the bomb-diggity.

Brandi T.

Anomaly said...

amazing shots (as usual) ezra! and great people too! you're talent continues to amaze me!