Monday, March 22, 2010

From Chi-Town to Florida!

I was thinking about this drawing...and then I realized that this thing is an artifact! It was drawn during Easter Sunday...1993...94ish! This drawing for some reason is really special to me...I've kept it through high school (it was my folder decor)...it survived college...and even went to work with me for 5 or so years! My cousin, Camilo, drew this while were in church. Our aunt Michelle dragged us to church on Easter (I was up in Chicago visiting during Spring Break)...and I remember this might have been only the 2nd or 3rd time that Camilo, my other cousin, Pablo, and I were together at the same time (it's so rare that all 3 of us are together at one moment???). During the church service, Camilo started to draw my name...and then he gave it to me...just like that. For whatever reason, this drawing has followed me around...but unfortunately, I haven't been a good cousin...I haven't talked to Camilo in a few years...shame on me...I think I'm going to send him a letter.

Check out this blog Camilo Cumpian and an old website. Pablo...if you read this...did you start Camilo's blog?

Enjoy my cousin's Easter Sunday art work...no, we were not listening to the Pastor...sorry Michelle?

Here's the back of the drawing...I guess this is what the sermon was about...

1 comment:

Rachael Shepherd said...

This brings back memories. I met Nick at church and he used to draw during most of the sermons. We kept those drawings, too.