Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Curtis...the stuntman!

I met Curtis about a year ago during the making of a short film...but I saw him first in this short film. Unfortunately, it took me about a year to figure out that I need to photograph this guy. I called Curtis...left him a message...and thank God he got back to me!

I love personal projects like this. Fortunately for me, I've always been about doing personal projects...and then Chase Jarvis & Amanda Sosa Stone reinforced the importance of doing these types of shoots! They really push your creativity and problem solving skills! Additionally, you get to experiment with light, flying bodies, and water puddles! Again, like Steven, Curtis was a good sport...he must have did about 50 flips today!!!

To all of my "past clients," I hope you enjoy these pictures. I know...they're a little different than wedding and family sessions...I hope you don't mind? To my fellow photogs who visit my blog...go do a shoot for you! Push yourself...experiment...do something out of your norm!

All shots were take with 2 nikon flash units...one with a portable soft box...the other bare.
I'm a minimalist...I don't have expensive studio lights...or those fancy transmitters. I firmly believe in exhausting the possibilities with my current gear before upgrading...once my gear causes serious limitations and is holding me back from achieving something, then I'll consider upgrading...in the mean time, the minimalist way is suffice...and lighter! This was all written so that you don't feel limited by your equipment..like Nike says, "Just do it!"

3 comments:

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

These are SO good, Ezra!!!

Rachael Shepherd said...

Sweet shots, Ezra! and Curtis is an awesome guy so great to see you two collaborate together!

Oeil Photography said...

i love them Ezra, that first shot is killer!!!