Sunday, February 7, 2010

Composition...basic photography aesthetics...

Last month I met with 12 up&comers and hobbyists to help them take control of their cameras...and it was a load of FUN! This month, I'm offering another "thingy" that shall go unnamed... This time around, we'll focus on composition. We learned about exposure...and how to do it manually last time around...so now we're free to move onto Composition...the Aesthetics of photography.

The date for this month's Composition "thingy" will be on February 21st. Like the last time, it will be VERY hands-on...and perhaps a bit exciting! I'm opening this up to 12 participants...but I already have 7 participants confirmed...so I only have 5 available spots!

If you want more info...or would like to attend, contact me at ezra@ezramarcos.com or 904-338-3901.

And yes, there is NO charge...just like last time...

A little background to this shot. First...it was shot on a Nikon D40...so never blame your camera for bad pictures...an artist never blames his tools. This shot was taken in the Redwoods National Park...uh...the BIG trees were behind me...but these interested me more. I first took this shot without a tripod...at a slow shutter speed. When we (family) got back to the hotel...about an hour away, I looked at the shot on the camera display screen and I was a bit nervous that it was out of focus. But because I loved the aesthetic of this shot, I woke-up early the next morning...and drove back to that spot by myself...this time I brought my tripod. I took the shot...drove back to the hotel...and again, I was concerned that the shot was out of focus. When I got back to Florida, I showed the shot to my professor (by the way, when I took this shot, I had only been taking pictures for about 3 months...I was just getting started!)...anyway, I showed the shot to my professor...and he told me it wasn't out of focus...on the other hand he praised me on this shot like you have no clue! There's multiple lessons here...take your tripod when your doing landscape photography...do what you have to do to get the shot...pay attention to details...and have a good mentor!

2 comments:

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Amen, Ezra! And what a beautiful image :)

Moongypsyi said...

That is a fantastic shot!
~Christina