Monday, May 24, 2010

Arlington Expressway...

Random thoughts:

The MMA shoot (a few blog posts down) is no longer my most difficult shoot. Try taking 7 joggers on Arlington Expressway...have them jog across the expressway...photograph them...and nail it.

The hard part about shooting on Arlington Expressway...constant traffic...
The hard part about shooting 7 people running...variables...composition variables...not much I can actually control...
The hard part about shooting 7 people running on Arlington Expressway...safety...I now have ulcers!

Why would I photograph 7 people jogging across an Expressway...Arlington residents (including children) do it quite often...even to the death...it's kind of far to have to walk up to Arlington Rd. to cross the expressway...hence, this is my sarcastic way of telling the city to build a crosswalk!

By the way, I learned something new about a month ago...and it came in handy today...I used the back focus button on the back of my camera...makes things easier in these situations...

Finally, never shoot...I mean photograph...7 people crossing an expressway...trust me...don't do it!

I mean, finally, the top left image...and the 2 below it, will most likely be used for my series of Public Service Announcements...
Thanks to the jogging crew for putting your life at risk...sort of..it was for a good cause...and thanks to Richard for helping me out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let me know how the lobbying turns out! I will be so excited if they decide to build a crosswalk! We should attend the opening ribbon cutting ceremony, if they have one for those sort of events, since we all were involved in this awesome PSA!