Saturday, December 26, 2009

Giety, Tim, & baby Shireen!

Greetings everyone! Meet Giety, Tim, and Shireen! Once again, Anna Marie (Jacksonville Magazine) got a gift...this time it was for her other son, Tim...and his family! If you scroll down a couple of posts, you can view Tim's brother's shoot (Kelly & Chris).

Giety & Tim are very laid back...perhaps down to earth is a better description...they're aren't so laid back that you'd wonder if they had a heart beat...but they are so laid back that a sense of peace emanates from their family...
I met them at Anna Marie's house (which is super cool...I love the wood floors...and her father's photos). We hung-out...and waited patiently to capture some sweet moments.

I'm going to try something new, because I realize a few photogs visit my blog...so I want to offer more than just fotos.
So here's a little info:
I shot primarily with my 50mm & a 35mm lens that Michelle loaned to me ...thank you! All the shots here, except for the one where the family is laying down and Giety is resting with Shireen, are shot with the 50mm. I borrowed the 35mm b/c I knew I'd have some tight spaces...I chose the 35mm over my 17-50mm because I don't like the distortion from the 17-50mm...and because it's widest aperture is only 2.8...the 35mm opens up to 1.8...hence, I get more light...more ambient light...less artificial light needed. But with that said, only one of these pictures was shot with natural light, exclusively. Can you figure out which one?

What I learned today?
With all sessions with babies or kids...I learned to be patient...to wait...if the baby cries, take a break...don't try to force anything. We have to accept, as photographers, that we aren't always in charge of our shoots...as a matter of fact, the more space and less direction I give, the better the results!

Give me feedback on my info...let me know if it helps any...

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Good stuff here, Ezra! I love doing family shoots at their homes b/c: 1-everyone feels more comfortable in their own elements and 2-if baby needs diaper changed, it's super convenient! :)

Yay for natural lighting!! Good stuff on offering tips :)

shain said...

Dude, Awesome Awesome!!!!

I love them!