Friday, November 20, 2009

10 Year Anniversary...today!

Wow...it's hard to believe Rana and I have been married 10 years! It seems it was just yesterday when we moved into our first apartment in frigid Indiana...the apartment was about 400sq ft...and then we got our "first babies"...2 cats...and then we moved to Jacksonville without jobs...and landed an apartment in a brief visit! And now we have a house and 2 "real" children...hahaha! Incredible...how many days of our lives we've spent together...we know each other pretty darn well!

Well, I wanted to share OUR song with my readers...it's "Is This Love" by none other than Bob Marley (by the way, Rana is the person who got me hooked to Bob Marley...so it's all her fault!)....this song reflects our motto in our marriage...all we need are the simple things...Love and we'll let Jah/God take care of the rest...

Here's the Lyrics:
I wanna love you and treat you right;
I wanna love you every day and every night:
We'll be together with a roof right over our heads;
We'll share the shelter of my single bed;
We'll share the same room, yeah! - for Jah provide the bread.
Is this love - is this love - is this love -
Is this love that I'm feelin'?
Is this love - is this love - is this love -
Is this love that I'm feelin'?
I wanna know - wanna know - wanna know now!
I got to know - got to know - got to know now!

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I - I'm willing and able,
So I throw my cards on your table!
I wanna love you - I wanna love and treat - love and treat you right;
I wanna love you every day and every night:
We'll be together, yeah! - with a roof right over our heads;
We'll share the shelter, yeah, oh now! - of my single bed;
We'll share the same room, yeah! - for Jah provide the bread.

And because I know Rana reads my blog when I'm not looking...I love you! Can you believe we've been married 10 years! Yes, we have endured through a lot...and we have stuck to it...and worked really hard to make this work (marriages aren't fairy tales)...and it has been the most favorite part of my life! You sacrifice so much for me...you encourage me to follow my dreams...and you're the best mother ever...sorry Mom, but Rana is incredible with the children! I love you Rana...see you in a minute!

Enjoy!

No comments: