Monday, July 11, 2011

Pilot Rock!

Where do I start? Well, I have a few goals for this summer...it all revolves around my fear of heights...and the excitement of being on top of a mountain!
Goals:
1) Climb Wagner Butte
2) Climb Pilot Rock
3) the ultimate goal - Climb Mt. McLoughlin.

I can scratch off Pilot Rock! I had some serious fears thinking about this one. Several people told me Pilot Rock is the scariest of the 3...and it is scary! The top right picture shows the rock we had to scale to get to the top (with no special gear...just my hands...gym shoes...and Kevin). Thank you Kevin for showing me the path...that was incredible!

This was a major feat for me...especially because you had climb a pretty steep rock...steep enough that if you messed up, you weren't coming off the mountain conscious or alive!

For all my Florida friends, click this to see Pilot Rock from afar!

Enjoy!

No comments: