Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another Fam Jam!

Fam Jam+Tease=$ for Winter Spring Center! Don't miss the next one...it's every last Monday of the month!

These shots are little different than my usual. When I photograph an event, I shoot with a high ISO (the shots of the musicians playing at the bottom)...or I try to use off-camera lighting...which isn't always possible b/c 1) the event is in multiple rooms or 2) there's no aesthetically good place to put my light stands. So then what typically happens I put a flash on the hot shoe of the camera...and bounce. In this case, I decided to go old school...flash on hot shoe...no bounce...just direct hard light...nasty shadows! My wife is not too crazy about it...but I like to experiment every once in a while. What do you think or feel? Never do it again...or keep mixing it up? You won't offend either of us.

No comments: