Thursday, September 2, 2010

Big NEWS!

Yes, the picture below is terrible! This is some of my first "works" and that blown out thing is the Sun! And the orange clouds=Cokin Tobacco Filter...and then there's some oversharpening...and for some reason I shot this at f/10...1/30 of a second...hand held...I don't remember using a tripod...but that's not the point of this blog entry...I have much bigger news!

This is where I'm moving to! Ashland, Oregon! I know...some of you are upset...some are mad...and most don't care...and every other photographer in Jacksonville is happier b/c now there will be one less photographer to compete with...but I just wanted to make an "official statement." I will be leaving Jacksonville on September 13th...which is super soon! I'm going to miss everyone here...but for the past 5 years my wife and I have discussed moving...and then after a few trips to here and there, we decided Oregon was the place for us!

Follow me on twitter or FB...the links are on my blog (to the right of the image below)...I'm going to be offering a special last minute deal. Alright everyone...thank you Jacksonville...thank you to all of my friends here who helped me out so much...and photogs, pop that bottle of champagne...now there's only 399 wedding photographers in the city!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

:*( I've learned so much from you. You will definitely be missed!

-Jerome

Rachael Shepherd said...

I second Jerome's statement! Ezra, I wish you the best of luck in Oregon! Thank you for everything!

Heather Canada, ABC | First Coast Weddings and Events said...

We'll miss you!! Hoping you're available for travel? For the right client and price of course!

Katelyn said...

well shoot!!! you'll be closer to me! and me and my mister have discussed oregon or washington.. perhaps someday we'll have you close enough to be our (someday) family photographer. any chance youll be diving through CO on your way?

Dani said...

WOW Oregon will be cool! Jacksonville will be way less cool without your photography and fun shoots. Safe travels!

Stacy said...

Beautiful backdrop for your amazing photography but this jax tog is sad :( losing one of the good guys

Any way I can get my backdrop from ya before you go? Or maybe I won't get it back and you have to return to Jax haha!

Unknown said...

@Jerome is the best assistant ever...the bar is set high...
@Heather...I'll be back February...and I wouldn't mind coming back a few more times!

@Katelyn...awesome...let's do it...and I'm flying...don't like driving far distances anymore...old age...

@Sorry Dani...someone will pick up the slack...check out bensasso.com!

Stacy...ahhh...you've seen my journey...you experienced a part of it...now pick-up your freakin' phone and call me!

Stephanie McBride said...

i CANNOT believe it!! you are making the jump!
you are gonna love it there.
im so excited for you. thats the best news.
and i love the picture, even with the blown out sky.
keep us posted!
S

livingshasta said...

Welcome :) Ashland is an amazing little city! I am a photographer an hour below you in Shasta. Hope you find a great house. K