Friday, October 30, 2009

Birthdays...

A couple of days ago was my 32nd birthday...and it was really nice to receive so many happy b-day wishes. I was sleeping, when my daughter woke me up...."Papi...happy birthday...do you know what your presents are..." I said you and Taavi...and then she shoved some clothes in my face...my wife bought me warm clothes...b/c my wife knows how much I hate to feel the cold. Don't get me wrong...mildly cold weather isn't terrible...but feeling it all the time is...and you know how well Florida houses insulate...

By 8:30am I walked over to turn on the computer and do my routine e-mail check...and you wouldn't believe it...I had over 25 e-mails wishing me happy birthday!!! And it didn't stop there...I mean through out the day...I had so many "happy b-days"...so many....I think I have never in all the first 31 b-days combined had I received so many "happy birthdays!" So I wanted to write this blog to thank all of you who thought about me...and sent me good fortunes!

When my wife and I moved to Jacksonville in 2001, we knew 2 people...my 2 step aunts...that was all...and they both left Jax shortly after we moved here...Rana and I had a few friends from work...but we pretty much didn't know anyone...and now to see how many of my friends sent me messages wishing me a happy birthday...wow...that means a lot to me...a lot!!! So thank you everyone for making my day special...and thank you to my wife for thinking about me...now I have some warm clothes...so I won't suffer this winter...(she also bought me a super warm blanket...and another hoody!)...thank you Rana!

No comments: