Thursday, May 17, 2012

Asante

A few months ago on my first of 3 flights to Florida, I was sitting next to a rather important man. We talked...meaningful talk. He asked why we chose to relocate to Southern Oregon...asked about my kids, etc.  I told him I was a photographer...he worked for some medical thing...he wasn't very specific. At the end of the flight he stated, "Good luck, Ezra." I told him I would see him around...because it's a small valley.  I remembered his name. Roy Vinyard. As soon I as I got to Florida, I googled his name for his contact info...all in effort to send him a kind email. I do this often.  No such luck...his email isn't public. But I did find out that he is the CEO of  Asante Health System...the largest healthcare provider in this part of the state.

Fast forward  half a year...and Asante contacts me...they want me to photograph their annual  Carpenter Awards Celebration...in addition to doing a few portraits of Dr. Brian Gross.  I landed this little gig thanks to a fellow chamber member (Linda Farland). It gave me the opportunity to reintroduce myself to Roy. He remembered me.

On a flight to Florida in February, I was sitting in front of 3 guys that had just started a t-shirt company.  They got on the plane drunk...and got drunker!  It was a 5 hour flight of drunken madness. They were super obnoxious, rude, inconsiderate, loud...and just straight up offensive!

I think you get my point. Always be on your best behavior!

This is my favorite picture from the Asante event...enjoy!

3 comments:

Linda said...

My daughter works for Asante and may have been at the awards celebration.

David Cosand said...

Excellent reminder that we never know who may be watching. Great photo, too! You're very talented, Ezra.

Unknown said...

Thank you David!