Friday, December 10, 2010

Adapting...

It's been about 3 months since we moved to Southern Oregon...and there's been a lot of adapting. We went from a 3 bedroom house with a lot of closets, a 2 car garage, and a nice backyard......and now we live in a 2 bedroom condo, with 3 measly closets, a parking lot, and zero yard! I sold my lawnmower, my work-out bench, and now trying to figure out what to do with my TV (it's too BIG...& it's not really that big)!

One of the first things we had to deal with is where to put my office...and with no spare room, the living room area had to be the place. But in order to make it fit, I had to make a custom made desk...a very narrow desk...3 feet high (to keep 2 year old hands off the goods)...2 big doors that hide all of my files, most of my gear, and other miscellaneous. So below is a pic of my new office...I'm pretty proud of it...I don't build things very well...I hate precision cutting (don't have the patience)...but I think I did well...and I had to adapt!

Perhaps I will go into the business of making custom desks for photographers...much like Gary Fong does with his Tupperware, or Jessica C with her bags, or DJ with his websites......(I hope you got the sarcasm...?). Anyway, enjoy my workspace...it's efficient...and saves space for the rest of the living room to be a living room...


Views like this make adapting easier!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Do you like it better than Jax? What's better or worse?

Christina LeMarr & Susan Hanson said...

Sweet work on the desk!
That view is beautiful!
-Christina